UCLA Statistics, Neurology, LONI, UCLA Statistics
|STAT 13 (1a, 1b, 1c)
Introduction to Statistical Methods for the Life and Health Science
|Department of Statistics
Instructor: Ivo Dinov
||Due Date: Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003
- What are the values of E[X_bar] and SE[X_bar]?
- What is the approximate distribution of X_bar? What theorem was needed to decide this?
- Calculate the probability of, on average, making a positive return from placing one hundred separate bets with $5 stakes.
- Repeat the calculations above using 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 bets.
- Create a scatter plot of probability that the mean return from playing Tai Sai is positive (on y-axis) versus number of bets (on x-axis). Comment on what the plot appears to show.
|Sexual Content Ads
|General Audience Ads
|Ivo Dinov's Home
||Visitor number, since Jan. 01, 2002
||© I.D.Dinov 1997-2003