Computer Vision, Statistical Modeling and Computing, Machine Learning, Cognition and AI, Robot Autonomy, and Visual Arts.
- MURI: Understanding Scenes and Events by Joint Parsing, Cognitive Reasoning and Lifelong Learning [multi-disciplinary research 2015-2020]
- DARK: Inferring the "Dark Matter" and "Dark Energy" from Images and Videos [a regular NSF project 2014-2017]
- MURI: Knowledge Representation, Reasoning and Learning for Understanding Scenes and Events [multi-disciplinary research 2010-2016]
- SIMPLEX: Learning Homogeneous Representation from Heterogeneous Data for Quanti. and Quali. Reasoning in Autonomy [DARPA 2015-2019 ]
- SEE: Sensor Exploitation and Execution on a Unified Foundation [DARPA 2010-2015]
- CDI: ..Image-Text Parsing for Understanding Social and Political News Events [NSF collaborative project with Social Sciences]
Links to some Conferences / Workshops / Summer Schools that I was involved:
- Int'l Workshop on Language and Vision CVPR 2015.
- Int'l Workshops on Vision Meet Cognition: Function, Physics, Intent and Causality
.... FPIC workshop with cvpr2014 .... FPIC workshop with cvpr 2015 ....
- Int'l Mathematics Forum at Sanya, 2013
- IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Providence, Rhode Island, CVPR 2012
- Int'l Workshop on Stochastic Image Grammar (SIG):
.... SIG workshop, with cvpr 2009 .... SIG workshop with iccv 2011 ... SIG tutorial with cvpr 2012
- Summer Schools on Vision and Learning in China:
.... Lotus Hill 2005 .....Lotus Hill 2006 .... Lotus Hill 2008 .... Xi'an 2010 ,... Beijing 2012
- Symposium on Vision/Neural/Cognitive Science in Honor of David Mumford, 2007
- 6th Int'l Conference on EMMCVPR, 2007
- Int'l Workshops on Statistical and Computational Theories of Vision (SCTV):
.... 1st SCTV, Fort Collins 1999, .... 2nd SCTV, Vancouver 2001 .... 3rd SCTV, Nice, France, 2003