Statistics 100A: Introduction to Probability Theory
For the course syllabus click
- First lecture is on Monday, 03 August 2015.
Location: MS 4000A.
Day/time: MW 10:00 - 11:50.
See you then!
For some of the labs you will need to access the Statistics Online Computational Resource (SOCR) at:
It's online, therefore it exists!
The labs are listed under the following link (instructions will be given as to which lab is due when etc. - mainly distributions and experiments activities):
Download R and packages.
1. Introduction to combinatorics.
3. Practice exam.
4. Practice exam.
5. Practice exam.
6. Practice exam.
7. Discrete random variables.
8. Discrete random variables examples - solutions.
9. Discrete probability distributions.
10. Solutions to some problems of handout #2 (probability).
11. Solutions to some problems of handout #9 (discrete probabiltiy distributions).
12. Continuous probability
13. Poisson, Exponential, and Gamma distributions.
14. Normal distribution.
15. Distributions - summary.
16. Moment generating functions.
17. Practice exam - solutions.
18. Joint probability distributions.
19. Covariance and correlation.
20. Portfolio theory - example using R.
21. Central limit theorem - proof.
22. Central limit theorem - summary.
23. Central limit theorem - examples.
Homework 1: Due on Monday, 10 August.
Homework 2: Due on Wednesday, 12 August.
Homework 3: Due on Wednesday, 19 August.
Homework 4: Due on Monday, 24 August.
Homework 5: Due on Monday, 31 August.
Homework 6: Due on Wednesday, 09 September.
Homework 7: Due on Wednesday, 09 September.
Back to the Statistics Department