Statistics 100B: Introduction to Mathematical Statistics
For the course syllabus click
First lecture is on Monday, 09 January 2023
Location: Dodd 175
Day/time: MWF 14:00 - 14:50
See you then!
Download R and packages.
1. Summary of discrete and continuous distributions (review from Statistics 100A).
The next five links are the statistical tables needed for the entire quarter (from "Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis", by John Rice, Doxbury Press, Second Edition (1995)).
Table 1: Standard normal distribution table (Z).
Table 2: Chi-square distribution table.
Table 3: t distribution table.
Table 4: F distribution table (95th percentiles).
Table 5: F distribution table (99th percentiles).
2. Some review material from
3. Simulation of random variables.
4. Covariance and correlation.
5. Poisson, Exponential, and Gamma distributions.
Back to the Statistics Department